Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Obama Saying One Thing While Doing the Opposite?

Obama had the nerve yesterday (Monday – 23 February) to give a speech about “fiscal responsibility” and “pay-as-you-go” rather than spending money you don’t have. Yet he just got through pushing through and signing an unprecedented spending bill – largest in the history of the world - that did exactly the opposite! It wasted money on pork special interests (for example, tell me how $4 BILLION to ACORN was labeled “economic stimulus”), committed the nation and individual states who accept funds to spending on entitlements long after the money has dried up, and showed extreme fiscal irresponsibility by spending historic levels of “money you don’t have” – exactly the opposite of his so-called “pay-go”. In fact, even the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office said Obama’s spending bill will actually hurt the economy even worse than doing nothing at all. For more on that read this from The Washington Times.

But the real question is how much longer the Obama administration can continue to tell the public what it wants to hear while actually doing something else that’s often even completely contradictory. Only a few persons are actually reporting what’s really going on here (think Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Laura Ingram, etc.) and Obama is swiftly plotting to silence their voices. And if you immediately turn away because you’re caught up in the Obama-mania that the media has created, I challenge you to first set aside your current biases (even if you’ve heard some of Obama’s direct attacks on Hannity and Limbaugh) and listen to them just once. If you give them a chance, I have confidence that most people’s eyes will be opened and they’ll see the truth that Obama does not want anyone to see. I’m sure he’d like to continue to say one thing while doing something else with the public blindly accepting it and the only voices of truth silenced.

Before giving any more links, I guess I should put forth a disclaimer that I don’t claim to 100% agree with everything I link to but, at a minimum, I guarantee they all raise one or more important issues. With that said, for some other interesting reading, check out the following stories:

*
Alan Keyes: Stop Obama or U.S. will cease to exist
*
Senator questions Obama eligibility
Shelby: 'They said he was born in Hawaii, but I haven't seen any birth certificate'




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I invite your comments. Please leave intelligible, informed comments and keep it civilized (i.e., no name calling, no foul language, etc.). For now, we will be reviewing comments to see if “going on the honor system” might be feasible at a later date.